Thursday 26 February 2015

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

How lovely it was to arrive home yesterday afternoon to find a Valentine's parcel waiting for me from Becca in Texas. I excitedly opened it to find a handsome and beautifully-made boxy zipper pouch accompanied by a card with a stunning Kenyan fabric design printed on it (if someone sold these cards here in Melbourne I'd be buying them by the boxful!).

Inside the pouch was a tiny triangular pouch, ingeniously made out of one long zipper. I've seen tutorials for these things before but have never been brave enough to try making one. Anyway, it  has lace trim on the outside and a floral print on the inside - very pretty (and my son was rather impressed by the nifty zip construction). Many, many thanks to Becca for her lovely and thoughtful gifts that will definitely be well used and loved.

And thank you once again to Sanae and Ute for organising this very special exchange. Sign me up for 2016!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for participating, Marisa! Those two bags are indeed beautifully made and very unique! I need to look up the construction for that zipper triangle bag, I am very curious to know how it is made. I am looking forward to SVE 2016 with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by that zipper too, how clever. Lovely gifts and I'm glad they arrived in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the zip pouch has an Escher-like complexity that would probably completely befuddle me if I tried to make one.

      Delete