Saturday, 2 August 2014
I made bathers!
Having finally persuaded R to give the school swimming program a go, I realised I'd provided myself with the perfect excuse to try out the new Cosi Swimsuit pattern from sewpony. And sewing these up wasn't half as difficult as I thought it would be!
Finding swimsuit fabric, however, was not all that easy - I ended up buying some 'scuba knit' on special from Spotlight and hoping it would do the trick. And, while they certainly look and feel like a pair of bathers, I must confess I have no idea what this fabric will do in the water and how it will respond to chlorine. These concerns aside, I am thrilled with the way the bathers turned out and the way they fit R so beautifully.
I made size 4 with size 5 length, also taking in the sides of the bottom section a little, as they somehow wound up being a little wider than the top part. Oh, and it was hard to figure out how the elastic was meant to be distributed around the legs and top section, but I just winged it and it seems to have worked out fine.
I'll be looking out for more swimsuit fabric and sewing up some more of these in the future - such a cute pattern with so many options.