I feel so much better having got those sewing mishaps off my chest. In the interests of staying positive, I won't tell you how I've somehow managed to lose the beautiful wool jacket I made for R, just as I finally found the right snaps for it - I'll try to be resilient and get over it. And on the positive side, I'm very happy with the first two things I've made from one of my recent sewing book purchases, Sweet Girls' Clothes by Yuki Araki. I have to say, I really love this book and can see myself sewing almost everything in it (if someone doesn't stop me, because R definitely doesn't need that many new clothes).
The bottom layer of this skirt is shot cotton and the top layer is Japanese lawn. It's a sweet and feminine design, and R is very happy with it. I made size 110 with 120 length so it has a bit of growing room.
Now I do realise there's a bit of ribbon overload going on in this combo, and I didn't intend for these clothes to be worn as an outfit, but I was trying to minimise the time spent modelling - R's not big on wardrobe changes unless they involve donning wings and picking up a wand.
Both the skirt and the top were very straightforward to sew, apart from the v-neckline, the construction of which was initially baffling (but then, I am easily baffled). I messed up the overstitching a bit, but as I'm attempting a positive focus with this post I won't dwell on it. Onward and upward!