Saturday 2 March 2013

Package from The Netherlands


One blog I regularly (some might say obsessively) visit is vlijtig. I can no longer remember how I came across it, but I'm so glad I did. Kristel's posts feature the many beautiful things she makes, and often include links to interesting tutorials from other sites. I love her aesthetic, her blogging style and the creativity that is so evident in everything she does. Late last year she invited people in other countries to do a swap with her, which I thought was a lovely idea.

So it was very exciting when, arriving back from our holiday last weekend, I found a large package waiting on the doorstep. Once I'd unpacked the car, cooked dinner for the children and reunited the door and window keys with their locks (my paranoid husband having removed all keys and taken them with us in case of burglary), I finally opened the parcel to find the most extraordinary collection of lovely things: a fabric shopping bag (which folds up compact and closes with a button), a leather zip pouch, a piece of Dutch-themed fabric, a kit for making girls' hairclips and headbands, a hand-carved stamp with my name and blog picture on it... plus some Dutch treats and several other cute little things. And packed at the bottom, encased in bubble-wrap, were two cups and saucers - so beautiful (and intact, despite their long journey!). 


Thank you Kristel for your wonderful and thoughtful package.

No comments:

Post a Comment