Wednesday 25 September 2013

Selfish sewing: tiered skirt


By pure coincidence I finished this tiered skirt during selfish sewing week. As it's school holidays here I doubt whether I'll make anything else for myself this week, but I'm very happy with my skirt.

I made it to replace a beautiful shop-bought skirt that I had worn for years but that was starting to fall apart (as this one will probably do before long, since the voile is very delicate and sheer). I used the top section of the Amy Butler Barcelona Skirt pattern, changed the invisible zip to the side instead of the back, and added three gathered, tiered sections, lining the skirt with black muslin.

It fits well and has a lovely swishy feeling - perfect for today's sunny weather. Selfish? Well-earned, I say - especially after all that gathering!

No comments:

Post a Comment