Monday 29 July 2013

Playgroup art & craft: Paper cupcakes


Rummaging through the art cupboard today I found a packet of multicoloured craft 'sprinkles'. I don't know what they are made of, but the resemblance to their edible counterparts gave me the idea of making paper cupcakes.
I put out coloured patty cases and showed the children how to put a blob of glue inside their case before filling it with scrunched-up tissue paper (an A4 sheet is about the right size for a small cupcake). More paste on top of the tissue paper 'cake' secured the sprinkles and some glitter shapes for decoration.

We ended up with a couple of plates of very pretty cupcakes, so delicious-looking that R even had a lick of one... just in case they tasted as good as they looked.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea. I will have to try this with my little ones. They love using glue. I loved the skirt you made too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. R's are already well-played-with, having been served to various toys at a tea party yesterday. I suspect the more glue you use on the tissue paper the better it will hold together, so tell your glue-loving kids to go for it!

      Delete
  2. K is awesome but great ideas

    ReplyDelete