Tuesday 5 February 2013

First day


R's first day of 4-year-old kindergarten. Our last year together before she moves into the world of school... but I can't think too much about that now or I'll spend the next twelve months in a haze of sadness that the early years are over. So let's move on, shall we?

Distraction is my key tactic at such times, so I was very happy to discover - just last night - a new tutorial and pattern for little bow hair ties on the Oliver + S blog. I made a few of them to match a few of R's homemade dresses, not because I'm into matching things (coordinating, yes; matching, no) but because those were the fabric scraps I had handy. And anyway, the first day of kindergarten seemed an appropriate time to be matchy...


 ...so I sent my baby off to kinder in a hair tie that matched her skirt. And then I sat and sewed a few more.


No comments:

Post a Comment