My second geranium dress, this time with flutter sleeves and notched neckline (I found this easier than the cutout version - perhaps because I've made so many ice-cream dresses, which have the same feature - such as this one). The fabric is cotton from Spotlight. I added patch pockets on R's request; she loves to collect and carry little treasures.
Although R is only a few months off turning 5, I made a size 3 and lengthened the skirt by 2.5cm. Her chest and waist are very small and I didn't want the bodice to swim on her. As it is, the size 3 is a lovely loose fit with room to grow, so she can wear it next summer too. The one thing I did differently from the first geranium dress I made was to hand-stitch the lining to the skirt, because my 'stitching in the ditch' on the last one was not great. Doing it by hand, while laborious, does give a cleaner look to the dress.
The proportions of the dress are lovely and I'm very happy with the way it looks. If her wardrobe weren't already crammed with cute things to wear I'd be making another right away, but I think I'd better hold off for now. Unless, of course, I were to make an autumn/winter version, perhaps in finewale corduroy... now that would be nice.
It's a lovely, comfy dress that I'm sure will become a favourite.